Last Updated: August 25, 2020
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Mobile Health may collect information that you provide, including but not limited to:
- Personal and contact information, such as your name, address, location, telephone number, email address, birth date, race, and gender identity
- Employment information, such as employer name and job title/position/classification
- Health information, such as physical state of health (e.g., laboratory data and x-rays), disease state, medical records and history, and medical treatment or diagnosis
- Information you provide to us when you contact us through webforms on this Site or via email
We may use automated technology such as cookies and other tracking software to collect Personal Information from your computer system or mobile device. We may collect the following information:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address or other device identifiers
- Browser type and version
- Browsing information, such as pages you view and the links you click, and whether you access this Site via a social media website
- Time zone setting
- Browser plug-in types and versions
- Operating system and platform
We may also collect the time spent visiting, usage patterns, and the domain name of the website from which you linked to this Site.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may obtain Personal Information:
- When you provide it directly, such as when you submit inquiries, comments, suggestions, request an appointment or your medical records, and other information via our webforms or email
- Automatically when you visit this Site (such as from cookies)
- From third parties, such as from our affiliates and partners and your employer and health care providers
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING METHODS
Mobile Health may use “cookies”, or small text files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies ensure that this Site’s content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around this Site and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as remembering your submitted information, cannot be provided.
These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use this Site. For example, we may use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how individuals arrive at this Site, browse or use this Site, and highlight areas where we can improve such as navigation and marketing. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit this Site, language, and search parameters. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized, and these cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies
These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit, and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
We may use different kinds of cookies, including session ID cookies and persistent cookies. Session ID cookies are used to personalize your user experience, and to determine ways to improve this Site and the products and services we offer. These cookies are deleted when you close your browser session. Persistent cookies are used to collect information such as IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and a number of clicks.
You can change your settings for cookies and similar technologies by clicking on the cookie consent box on this Site. In addition, you can refuse or accept cookies from this Site at any time by activating the settings on your browser. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but some parts of this Site may not work properly if you do. Check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. To find out more about cookies, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
Many web browsers allow for the use of a “Do Not Track” function to inform websites that you do not want your online activities tracked. Currently, we do not track your or any other users’ Personal Information over time and across third-party websites. We, therefore, do not respond to browser “Do Not Track” signals.
USES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Mobile Health may use your Personal Information to:
- Operate our business (including to provide and personalize this Site and our products and services)
- Provide you updates and information regarding current and new products and services, upcoming events, promotions, surveys, and other announcements
- Respond to your inquiries, provide user support, and otherwise contact you
- Analyze and learn about how this Site is accessed and used, evaluate and improve this Site (both in terms of content and ease of use), and monitor and measure the effectiveness of our patient outreach
- Ensure the security and integrity of this Site and its content
- Manage relationships with our partners and service providers
- Enforce our legal terms and policies
- Protect our and others’ interests, rights, and property (e.g., copyrights and trademarks)
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, such as tax and other government regulations and industry standards, contracts, and law enforcement requests
We may ask for your consent to collect, use, or share your Personal Information, such as when we are required to do so by law.
We may aggregate and/or de-identify data about visitors to this Site and use and disclose it for any purpose, including for product and service development and improvement activities.
SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your Personal Information with:
- Our partners, service providers, advisors, auditors, vendors, consultants, or other third parties to assist in providing business functions on our behalf, including offering services or marketing activities
- Third parties when obligated or permitted to do so by law or if we have a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on Mobile Health or to investigate, prevent, or resolve any suspected or actual unlawful activities, such as potential fraud, or a perceived irregularity in any audits of the accuracy of any documentation or information submitted to Mobile Health by you or on your behalf, as deemed appropriate by Mobile Health
- A successor entity or potential buyer in connection with a proposed or actual corporate merger, acquisition, consolidation, sale of assets, bankruptcy, or other corporate change
Mobile Health may be required or permitted by law to share your Personal Information, without prior notice to you, under certain circumstances, such as to maintain, safeguard, or preserve the rights or property of Mobile Health and to help protect the personal safety of other users of this Site and/or the general public.
Additionally, we reserve the right to disclose to third parties non-personally identifiable information collected for any lawful purpose, including but not limited to, aggregate or de-identified data.
STORAGE IN THE UNITED STATES AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Additionally, this Site is controlled and operated by us from the United States and is not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of the United States.
We implement commercially reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect your Personal Information. Nonetheless, no such measure is ever 100% effective; therefore, we do not guarantee that your Personal Information will be secure from theft, loss, or unauthorized access or use, and we make no representation as to the reasonableness, efficacy, or appropriateness of the measures we use to safeguard such Personal Information. Please exercise caution when using the Internet or any form of electronic communication.
If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately contact us at: email@example.com.
Mobile Health does not knowingly or specifically collect Personal Information from users under the age of 13 and no one under age 13 is authorized to submit any information, including Personal Information, on this Site. If we determine that such information has been inadvertently collected on anyone under the age of 13, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that such information is deleted from our systems. If you are a parent or guardian and become aware that your child has provided us with information, please contact us using one of the methods specified below.
Depending on your jurisdiction, you may have certain rights regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. If you have any questions regarding these rights, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Note that certain information that is governed by HIPAA may be exempt from certain privacy laws, and we are therefore not required to fulfill information requests regarding such Personal Information.
You can always opt out of any subscription for emails, involving any updates, information, postings, promotions, or news by following the instructions located at the bottom of such emails. We might still send you some important emails, like responding to you by email if you send us a request or comment. In some cases, we may confirm the applicable opt-out with our partners or other third parties (e.g., your employer) before unsubscribing you from certain communications.
You have the right, subject to certain exceptions defined in the CCPA and other applicable laws and regulations to request that a company:
- Disclose certain information to you about its collection and use of your Personal Information over the past twelve (12) months. This right of access includes information about:
- The categories of Personal Information we collected about you
- The categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information
- The categories of Personal Information that each recipient received
- The specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you
- Delete any of your Personal Information that it has collected from you and retained
- Stop selling your personal information and refrain from doing so in the future; however, we are not currently selling your Personal Information
California consumers also have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment if they exercise the rights listed herein.
As mentioned, certain information that is governed by other laws, such as the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or HIPAA, is not considered Personal Information with respect to the rights of California residents noted above. However, additional rights might be available under those laws and standards. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Note that Mobile Health acts as a “Service Provider” as defined by the CCPA when it collects Personal Information on behalf of Mobile Health clients. In such instances, any request for such Personal Information should be made directly to the entity that uses our services. If you submit a verified consumer request to us for such information, we will direct you to make that request directly to our client. If we have collected your Personal Information outside of our role as a Service Provider, we will respond to your verified consumer request accordingly.
Additionally, we are not required to respond to a consumer’s requests for access or disclosure of Personal Information more than twice in a twelve (12) month period.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits California residents to request a list of all third parties to which we, during the immediately preceding calendar year, have disclosed certain Personal Information for direct marketing purposes; however, we do not share Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated businesses for their direct marketing purposes.
Although we do not sell Personal Information, Nevada residents have the right to submit a verified request directing us not to sell their Personal Information. If you are a Nevada resident, and would like to submit such a request, please send your request through any of the methods noted below.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise any of the rights described above, you can contact us by:
When you make a request, we may require that you provide information and follow procedures so that we can verify the request and your jurisdiction before responding to it. The verification steps we take may differ depending on the request you make. We will match the information that you provide in your request to the information we already have on file to verify your identity. If we are able to verify your request, we will process it. If we cannot verify your request, we may ask you for additional information to help us verify your request. Please provide as much of the requested information as possible to help us verify the request. We will only use the information received in a request for the purposes of responding to the request.
The CCPA permits California consumers to use an authorized agent to make privacy rights requests. We require the authorized agent to provide us with proof of the California consumer’s written permission (for example, a power of attorney) that shows the authorized agent has the authority to submit a request for the California consumer. An authorized agent must follow the process described above to make a request. The authorized agent must also verify his/her own identity. We will confirm the agent’s authority with the California consumer about whom the request was made.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Mobile Health Management Services, Inc.
229 West 36th street
New York, NY 10018