Summer’s arrival and cities’ reopenings have primed hotels to roll out red carpets to their guests – although some hotels must conduct daily temperature checks of staff.
The New York Hotel Trades Council (HTC) requires unionized NY and NJ hotels to implement daily temperature checks of workers. Intended to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the agreement requires hotels to send any worker with a temperature over 100.4 degrees for COVID-19 testing.
As it has with other sectors, Mobile Health can partner with hotels to provide Onsite Temperature Screening and Testing of workers. Our mobile teams ‘check in’ daily to set up, staff and manage temperature screenings. They can also provide COVID-19 testing if needed.
Onsite screening and testing helps keep your hotel compliant, freeing you to focus on guests. It also can enhance profitability by reducing time lost by employees awaiting test results and/or recovering.
The HTC agreement extends the council’s March Coronavirus Hotel Safety Protocol. Additionally, it requires hotel guests to wear masks and practice social distancing.
Mobile Health Deploys Onsite Screening Teams
Responding to industry guidance, construction, long-term care providers and some camps have turned to Mobile Health for Onsite Temperature Screening + Testing. This convenient model offers many benefits:
- Mobile Health deploys Onsite Temperature Screening and Testing teams to your business right away.
- Our clinicians set up, staff and manage screening and testing at your place of business.
- The mobile team brings all required equipment, from thermometers to PPE.
- Professionals perform temperature checks, instead of inexperienced employees who risk exposure to the virus.
- The onsite team can provide COVID-19 test results in as little as 15 minutes, depending on the test administered.
The occupational health provider operates seven clinics around New York and a network of 3,300 partner-providers nationwide. Also, it has 35 years of experience in screening workers for communicable disease. The company can deploy most clinic-based services onsite: pre-employment physicals, workplace drug testing, Respirator Fit Testing, flu shots and more.
Mobile service teams return Mobile Health to its roots of delivering occupational health services around New York with a single truck.