Given the importance of respiratory protection, businesses should develop a plan to promote safe and responsible respirator use. Also, businesses should periodically examine their respirator practices. Below you’ll find some resources to help you promote respirator safety in the workplace.
Respirator Fit Test Information
OSHA requires first-time wearers of N95 respirator masks to undergo a Respirator Fit Test (RFT) to ensure the mask fits properly and bears an adequate seal. These resources will acquaint you with RFTs.
- Respirator Fit Test FAQs
- Infographic: Respirator Fit Test Types
- Respirator Fit Test: Basic Information
- Qualitative Respirator Fit Test: General Requirements
- OSHA Fit Testing Procedures
- OSHA Respirator Fit Testing Video
- Important Steps for Using N95 Respirators Infographic
- Where to Get a Respirator Fit Test
Respirator Safety Information
Building a respirator safety program? Use these resources to help you frame your initiative.
- OSHA Respirator Types Video
- NIOSH-Approved Particulate Filtering Facepiece Respirators
- NIOSH Respirator FAQ
- NIOSH Hospital Respiratory Protection Program Toolkit
- Respirator Awareness Publication (NIOSH)
- Putting On and Taking Off a Respirator
- NIOSH Respirator Safety Publications
Respirator Protection Guidance for Businesses
The following resources will help you promote respiratory protection in the workplace.
- OSHA Small Business Compliance Guide for Respirator Protection
- CDC: Use of Respirators and Surgical Masks for Protection Against Healthcare Hazards
- Guidance for Selecting Appropriate Respirators
- OSHA General Respiratory Protection Guidance
- Type of Respirator Quick Guide
- OSHA Respiratory Protection Program Guidelines
- Quick Workplace Safety Tips